A new video summarizing the technical seminar was uploaded to the YouTube channel of the project. This seminar, entitled: “Sustainable Forestry Management through added value products. Practical cases from the Mediterranean” had place in L’Avenc de Tavertet, Catalonia, last December. The event was a great opportunity to spread the word about Life Mycorestore Project within experts from the forestry sector. You can watch the video here.
The presentations from the project’s partners were entitled:
- MYCELIO: “Exotic mushrooms from locally harvested wood sources”
- VOLTERRA: “Circular economy in the forestry sector and mushroom industry”
- ID FOREST: “Truffle production in new and existing forests stands”
- IPSP-CNR: “Protection of the chestnut stands from Ink disease using native mycology resources”
Important actors from the forestry sector in Catalonia, Spain, also spoke about their work:
- CASTAÑAS VILADRAU: “Added value products from old chestnuts”
- LIFE CLIMARK: “Climate credits to foster multifunctional forest management”
- SELVANS: “Innovative monetization methods to conserve old growth forests”
- BOLET BEN FET: “Creating a market for mushrooms in Catalonia and beyond”
An opinion from the attending public can be watched in this video, also published on Mycorestore’s YouTube channel.